Reset the PicoTech 4424

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
kanth_tvs

Reset the PicoTech 4424

Post by kanth_tvs »

Hello,

I am trying to adapt the ps4000.dll for my application in LabVIEW. To learn more about the scope, I was playing with different options to understand how the scope behaves. During this process, I have entered invalid setup/parameter as a input parameter, the driver provided me an error code informing me the error.

So, if I rerun my code again without modifying anything, the "ps4000OpenUnit" is saying that "No PicoScope 4000 could be found".

I was able to get rid of this error by physically reconnecting the USB cable from the device and run it again.

But, what if this happens during experiment run-time, and would like to programatically reset the scope. what should be done?

I looked at the LabVIEW files provided in the SDK, but it doesn't show the above case, where the "ps4000openunit" has failed to locate the device.

Any programming suggestions in this regard?

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Reset the PicoTech 4424

Post by Robin »

Hi

You need to make sure you call ps4000CloseUnit before you call PS4000OpenUnit again.

Robin

kanth_tvs

Re: Reset the PicoTech 4424

Post by kanth_tvs »

Thanks for the clue.

"ps4000closeunit" was already included into the program, I have created. And I have connected the error wire as an input to the system. So, if there is any error in the preceeding vi's, the "closeunit" will be skipped. This is due to the fact that when there is an error in the "error in" control, the function will not execute, and it would just pass on the error to the error out indicator

To solve, I have left the input error wire of "ps4000closeunit" unconnected, and it seems to close the unit in a proper way.

Don't select "disable" in the error checking option of the "ps4000closeunit" as this caused labVIEW to become unresponsive.

This is how I have done it.
lv_scope.png