Picolog 1216 sampling rate

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
TerryLittle

Picolog 1216 sampling rate

Post by TerryLittle »

Peter

You may recall I recently had a problem with the sampling rate of my ADC24, and you suggested I replace it with a Picolog 1216 due to its higher sampling rate.

We purchased a 1216 and, whilst it is better in this respect than the ADC24, it still has a sampling rate of only 20ms with one channel, or 40ms with 2 channels ( I need 2 channels ). Also I am using the Picolog 2.5V output to power one of the 2 channels, through a potentiometer to measure the angle through which a shaft turns)

Is there anything I can do to achieve a rate approaching the 4ms that I believe the logger is capable of?

I have been bench testing using a (laptop for which I cannot give you any details at the moment). However, as I understand that the computer might be the limiting factor, I also did a few runs using my desktop pc (with Intel Core Duo CPU, 3.00 GHz with 2.00 GB RAM) running XP professional 2002 SP3. This did not improve the sampling rate.

Please advise what I can do.

Thanks in advance,

Terry Little
------------------------------------------------------

Peter,

I would appreciate an answer on this, so that I can move forward in solving my ongoing problem.

Thanks

Terry Little

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Picolog 1216 sampling rate

Post by PeterF »

Hi Terry,
Please download and use PicoLog R5.21.2 as we have found a bug. You should be able to log at 1mS sample rates on a single channel then.
Regards,
PeterF.

TerryLittle

Re: Picolog 1216 sampling rate

Post by TerryLittle »

Peter,

The problem seems to have been that I had the Sampling Method set to Real Time Continuous. Changing this to Streaming gave far higher sampling rate.

Thanks,

Terry