10ms and 100ms sampling interval not working with ADC-100

Forum for discussing PicoLog
gvdhoek
User
User

10ms and 100ms sampling interval not working with ADC-100

Post by gvdhoek »

Hi,

I am using the ADC-100 with the USB port on a Windows XP system with the latest (beta) PLW Recorder software.

When taking 1000 samples and a scantime of 500us, it does not matter if I select a sampling interval time of 1ms, 10 ms or 100 ms, the total scan will take 1 second...

Is this a bug or a limitation of the ADC?

Best regards,

Ger

ricardo
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by ricardo »

Hi Ger,

Yes, this is a bug we are aware of. The problem has been dealt with and will be fixed in the next release of the software. Unfortunately I cannot give you a precise date of when this is going to happen.

Best regards,

Ric
Ricardo Paloschi
Sales Engineer
Forum Moderator

gvdhoek
User
User

Post by gvdhoek »

Hi,
I've just installed version R5.11.06(beta) of picolog and the problem still exists. Can you tell me when this problem will be fixed?

Best Regards, Ger

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this problem, unfortuantely I do not have a time frame for the fix.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Haldrup

Sampe problem

Post by Haldrup »

I am experiencing the same problem with XP and a ADC42 converter. Is there a time frame for the fix and does the problem persist when using the parallel port instead of the USB interface?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately I cannot give a time frame for a fix. I can however say that we are working on fixing bugs at present so it is highly likely that this will get dealt with very soon.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Marco

Post by Marco »

I have the same problem with R5.12.7, windows XP and ADC11/USB
It only works with sampling times below 1 second

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

What happens when using sample times of over 1 second? Does it crash?

If you can let me know some more information then I will try to replicate it here.

Best Regards

PCS

Sampling times less than 1 sec

Post by PCS »

Hello
Has the bug been sorted out which prevents the ADC 11 usb sampling faster than 1 second been sorted yet ?

Thanks

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

I recommend trying the latest version of software to see if this is fixed.

Best Regards

pcs

adc 11 usb scan time

Post by pcs »

I have now downloaded the latest version of picolog from your website as suggested. The software loads OK, however when the PC is re started and pico log re started the error message "The unit you have tried to open is not supported by this version of the software. Download the latest version etc" I have tried this twice but the same problem occurs.
Runing on HP desktop with XP pro SP 2. ADC 11 USB.

Thanks

pcs

adc 11 usb scan time

Post by pcs »

I have now downloaded the latest version of picolog from your website as suggested. The software loads OK, however when the PC is re started and pico log re started the error message "The unit you have tried to open is not supported by this version of the software. Download the latest version etc" I have tried this twice but the same problem occurs.
Runing on HP desktop with XP pro SP 2. ADC 11 USB.

Thanks

pcs

More info on ADC 11 USB sample time issue

Post by pcs »

I have now re-installed the earlier version of pico log and the unit is running OK again (except not faster than 1 sec sample time)
With the windows task manager window open on performance, when the picolog software is started, the CPU usage goes to 100% and stays there until picolog is shut down, this is before any sampling is started.
Under Processes the prog plw32.exe is using 99% of the processor usage.
The HP machine has A 1.2 GIG processor with 1 GIG of ram.
Hope this is of help

Thanks