New to scopes

Which product is right for your exact requirements
terry gibbs

New to scopes

Post by terry gibbs »

Hi hope you can help i am about to purchase my first scope i need it to primarily read diesel engines first and formost, i am sure as my experience grows i will then use it more and more.
I have attended a training day on scope use and will be doing common rail diagnostics within the next month so could you please advise the best scope for me.
Many Thanks.
Terry.

Autonerdz
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: New to scopes

Post by Autonerdz »

I think any one of the automotive scope kits would be your best choice. The 4000 series scopes have more power than you will need and come with many essential accessories.

Which one you choose would depend on how many channels you need and how many accessories.

THE PicoScope Automotive Authority
In North America

terry gibbs

Post by terry gibbs »

Thanks for the reply i was thinking two channels for a starter and then just wheather a kit would be best or just the scope and purchase the other bits as and when. but thanks for the reply, i will prob be a regular on the forums soon asking alll sorts of questions.
Terrry Gibbs.

Autonerdz
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Autonerdz »

Terry,

The auto kits are a great value. By the time you purchase the scope and just a few bits of the kit individually, you have already spent enough for the full kit.

Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
http://www.autonerdz.com
In North America
877-628-4899 toll free

terry gibbs

Post by terry gibbs »

Hi thanks again have just been offered a 3200/3223 kit for £550 is this a good kit for my needs or am i just being mean and should go for the new one. thanks again.
Terry.

Autonerdz
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Autonerdz »

Terry,

Not sure on the pricing....My head works in USD and we don't know the used equipment market.

But...the 3223 is a fine scope. No longer available new. The second most powerful two channel automotive scope on the planet. Topped only by the Pico 4223. :shock:

Might be a good choice and then upgrade to a 4423 four channel later. There is an upgrade kit for that purpose. That's your call.

In North America

terry gibbs

Post by terry gibbs »

Well thats made up my mind for me the 3 series it is and an up-date later its about $800 in your funny money.
massive thanks for help and guidance and i hope to have lots of fun and fix a few things along the way.
Regards.
Terry Gibbs.