ADC11 and C++

Post your C and C++ discussions here
Tim Toftgaard Jensen

ADC11 and C++

Post by Tim Toftgaard Jensen »

I have some problems getting the right measurements from ADC11 to C++.

I measure temperature with af termistor within the rage of 0 - 700 mV

When I see the recording in the picorecorder the mV increases steady in a secure and fine way, but when I see the mV in my C++ programme its start fine when the rise in temperature is high, but when the rise i slowly the mV i jumping up and down (f.ex mV: 522, 527, 518, 529,535, 528 .....). When the picorecorder is measuring at the same time, it wil steady increase, whitout jumping up and down (f.ex. V: 0.522, 0.527, 0.529, 0.529, 0.535, 0.538 ....).
I looks like I am not getting the right signal ???

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

The driver that you are using for your C++ program and the driver that is being used with Picolog ar one and the same. Check that you are using the same version, this can be done via the date time properties.

When you are collecting the readings with you own application are you collecting it at the same time interval in Picolog. Check whether you have it set to 'single' or 'take as many samples as possible', this can be found in the 'Sampling Rate' window.

Since both are using the same drivers and functions, there is no reason that one would retrun correct values and the other incorrect, I would also not recommend having both applications open at the same time.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Post by Guest »

Date time properties ? What is that - how can I check it ?

Tim

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

If you use the mouse and place it over the files Icon then right click and select properties, the Date Time stamp is displayed.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Post by Guest »

It is the same drivers, but still the samme problem.

Which code do I need to read on the picolog and use measurements every second in my C++ ?

Tim

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

To get readings back with the ADC-11 you will need to open the unit. If you what to get just one sample back use the ADC11_get_time_and_value.

To get more than one value back use the set_interval, and the get_times_and_values.

All this can be found in the ADC-11's manual, under 'Writeing your own software'.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer