The problem of USB Data Acquisition

Post any questions about our serial port products
Jing

The problem of USB Data Acquisition

Post by Jing »

Hi,

I have purchased TH-03. But my laptop does not have serial port, so I purchased USB Data Acquisition from you. I have also install all drivers for both TH-03 and USB data acquisition. I can also find 'serial on usb port (com4)' in device manager. But when I connect such USB data acquisition to TH-03, and then connect to USB port on my laptop, the information 'TH-03 unit not found' turns up when I launch picolog to set up input channel. In order to find out whether such problem is nothing to do with TH-03 device, I connect it to my desktop which has built-in serial port. Then TH-03 can be found by picolog and works fine. So, I guess my problem would be caused by this USB Data Acquisition. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what can be done to resolve this issue? Many thanks.

Kind regards

Jing

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: The problem of USB Data Acquisition

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
You need to plug the USB to serial adapter into your Laptop first, to allow it to be found by Windows and then connect it to the TH-03. Run PicoLog and then enter the com port allocated by Windows for the adapter, when asked (com4?).
Regards,
PeterF.