Labview DDE communication with PICO Enviromon EL008 Logger

ealagoz

Labview DDE communication with PICO Enviromon EL008 Logger

Post by ealagoz »

I have a Enviromon EL008 Logger together with an Enviromon EL026 Temperature + Humidity converter. I have updated the latest enviromon software and it is working fine.

For my work I need to read temperature and humidity through labview. I am running labview 2009+f3 version on a windows xp PC. I have a little labview vi which opens a DDE conversation and requesting temperature and humidity values from the logger. The way the vi works is as follows:

Service ("EMV") + Topic ("Current") => DDE_Open_Conversation.vi: Item ("Value") => DDE_Request.vi: DDE_Close_Conversation.vi

I have followed the enviromon user's guide concerning what commands to be sent through DDE communication. I put all required commands.

When I run my labview code it gives an error code saying that transaction has failed during the request DDE function. Could you please let me know what I am doing wrong?

If you want I can send my labview vi. Please let me know in this case?

Thank you in advance,

Enver Alagoz

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Labview DDE communication with PICO Enviromon EL008 Logger

Post by Robin »

Hi

Can you post your VI? I will have a look.

Thanks

Robin

ealagoz

Post by ealagoz »

I can not attach any vi file or picture on this forum. If you can provide me your e-mail address then I can send you my vi file via e-mail.

Thanks,

Enver

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

I received the message you sent to support@picotech.com. Thanks

To attach files in the forum, you need to log in.

Robin