1000 samples/second for 10 minutes

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
matt

1000 samples/second for 10 minutes

Post by matt »

Hi there,

Iam trying to measure rapid changes in voltage (about 10ms duration) for a total of about 10 minutes. I have the PicoScope 2205 and picoscope 6 software. I think that the only thing preventing me doing this is an internal buffer on the scope. It records 32 screens worth of data and then stops recording. Is there anyway to bypass the buffer and just stream data straight to the computer at 1K samples/second for as long as about 10 mins?

Thanks

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: 1000 samples/second for 10 minutes

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
You don't need multiple screens or more buffer memory to do this.
Just set the 2205 to 100 seconds per division (1000 seconds per screen, or 16minutes 40 seconds) and then select the number of samples per screen to be at least 5MS (5 million samples). The scope will then sample at two thousand samples per second for 16 minutes, giving 2 million samples which is more than you require.
This is using the fast streaming capability of the scope.
When you use the scope in other modes that require multiple screens and you need more than 32 screens, check first that you are not just limiting the screens to 32 in "Tools", "Preferences", "General", "Max Waveforms". To get the maximum number of screens possible (1000) you will often have to limit the requested number of samples per screen.
PeterF.