Low temperature

Forum for discussing PicoLog
mdashper
User
User

Low temperature

Post by mdashper »

I am using a DrDAQ with external temperature probes and PicoLog 5.16.2
Although the probes are obviously registering temperatures below freezing and PicoLog is recording them, they do not register on the graph display. I have tried to manually change the temperature scale but all it will do is alter the maximum on the scale. The bottom of the scale stays firmly at 0 (actually it's probably about -0.5)
Will the latest version of PicoLog fix this?

gruntman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Low temperature

Post by gruntman »

mdashper,

What happens if you change the options on the graph (Check mark button) and select to have vertical scale axis scale automatically?

Regards,

Richard Boyd
Crag Technologies, Inc
http://www.pc-oscilloscopes.com

Post by Guest »

If you set the vertical scale to automatic, then it sets a scale of 0 to 100. If you manually expand the scale, all that alters is the upper end, the lower limit remains fixed at 0.
I have installed the latest version of picolog and, using pre-recorded .PLW files in 'play' mode, the trace just disappears off the bottom of the scale even when the spreadsheet view shows that there are below zero values recorded.

Martin Dashper

mdashper
User
User

Post by mdashper »

Sorry, I wasn't logged in when I posted my reply, so I'm reposting to make sure I get notified of replies.

If you set the vertical scale to automatic, then it sets a scale of 0 to 100. If you manually expand the scale, all that alters is the upper end, the lower limit remains fixed at 0.
I have installed the latest version of picolog and, using pre-recorded .PLW files in 'play' mode, the trace just disappears off the bottom of the scale even when the spreadsheet view shows that there are below zero values recorded.

Martin Dashper