Pressure recording

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
Mick Castleton

Pressure recording

Post by Mick Castleton »

I produce a desktop hologram application machine called MicroPOISE and need to find a cost effective way to test and record a pressure cycle.
The cycle lasts about 1 second and starts from zero and ramps to 3500psi. I want to record the pressure cycle and store it for quality purposes.
The accurance of the pressure reading is not so important +/- 5% would be ok but it does need to be able to plot the pressure against time and to allow me to compare the ramp of each machine to ensure it is within quality standards.
The cycle is repeated up to 60 times a minute and I need to make sure that it repeats reliably over a period of 20 minutes.
Please can anyone advise me ?

many thanks and Happy New Year

Mick

gruntman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Pressure recording

Post by gruntman »

Mick,

Essentially all of our products come with drivers and examples for you to use the scopes in the LabVIEW environment. The choice of scope depends on what information is key in your application that you are going to deem that the machine passed/failed. If you just need the simple information such as amplitude and rise time etc then most likely any of the scopes in the 2000 series will work for you. If you want to make more accurate measurements such as knowing the exact pressures I would look more into a 12 bit scope such as the PicoScope 3224...

Regards,

Richard Boyd
Crag Technologies, Inc
http://www.pc-oscilloscopes.com