Distance no object !

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Nic.Wood

Distance no object !

Post by Nic.Wood »

I have a client, with whom we supply a managed service.
We would like to be able to monitor the air temp/humidity in the server room (3rd floor), and the general air temp on the other floors (up to 6 locations). Maximum cable lenght would be around 60m (currently CAT5).

We also would like to monitor the power supply incoming main (400a) supply as an added safeguard against the UPS system failing.

The client would also like to see that his fishtank on 1st floor is monitored, and we suggest outside air/humidity would be helpful.

Is it possible to monitor all of the above accross distances of 60m using our own wiring, or do we have to install closed system.

Can you provide me a list of the equipment I need, and if we can interface our own CAT 5 wiring with the probes.

Thanks,

Nic Wood

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

The best system available is the Enviromon System. This is a standalone unit. The EL005 data logger can measure upto 250k samples. It has a maximum sample rate of one per minute and can have upto 10 convertors connected.

To measure the temperature in the rooms, depending if you need to take more than one temperature in differnt parts of the room then I would advise an EL001, which will allow three temperature sensors to be attached. If you only need a central temperature reading I would advise on a EL026, which can measure one temperature and a humidity.

To measure the current there are a few options you could use the EL040 current monitor, unfortunately it is only able to measure upto 300A.

You state 400A in your description, it would be possible to use the EL037 and the 600A current clamp. However, to do this you will need a 4mm connector to connect to the current clamp and the other end of the 4mm connector will go to the EL037 screw terminals. This unit only measures positive voltage so you would only see the DC side of the current. An alternative current clamp could be sourced from www.RSWWW.com which will turn AC current into a DC voltage.

The system connects together with network cable, but it is a closed network only applicable for the Enviromon system. The maximim distance between the logger and the convertors with the network cable provided by us is 400m. This can be extended up to 1 km if high grade network cable is used.

The units I would recommed will really depend on how many temperature sensors you need in each room, the distance appart that they would have to be. They Current Monitoring option you would like to use.

For the fist tank I would recommend the EL026 and the logger I would also recommend the EL005. This system has been designed so that it is extendable. So more convertors can be added and alarms if required.

Please email me further details, so that I can advise further.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

FAHAD

Q

Post by FAHAD »

I am planing to fix complete system using EL005 .. to read Temperature and Humidity for Computer Room in my company .

My qustion ..

How much " approxamtly " the cost to fix complete system with 6 sensor to read Temp & Humid

the network by use IP Lan network with already exist in my company

or by dial modem

pls give me the whole cost with detail for each item

thank u

Post by Guest »

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I have answered this by email.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

FAHAD

Post by FAHAD »

Thank you .. :)

I have some quastions ..

- Is EL026 Converter unit mean the converter only or converter with H & T sensor .

- How can I connect and configure the EL005 with modem ..

- If I purchase EL005 .. what I should recieve .. Is that mean the unit and adapter and software and cable.

Thanks

FAHAD

Post by FAHAD »

:oops:

I want to send my people to get a short course about this system.

Is there tranning center in midel east ?

:?

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for your questions.

The EL005 is supplied with power supply unit, serial cable to connect to the PC and Enviromon software.

To connect a modem to the EL005 you will require an EL033 Modem adapter. Unfortunately, we do not sell modem this will have to be sourced elsewhere.

There are no trianing courses available, we provide technical support via email, forum and phone.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer