3206: AC coupling not working on B channel

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
clivem

3206: AC coupling not working on B channel

Post by clivem »

We bought a 3206 on 28/11/2008, so it is just over a year old. It was purchased solely for the purpose of having a portable scope for debug purposes at customer sites, rather than a bench scope. I think prior to yesterday it has only been used once and on that occasion only channel A was used.

Yesterday I had cause to take the scope out to a customer site and use both channels. What a frustrating time I had! For the first time channel B was used. It doesn't matter whether the software is set for AC or DC coupling on channel B, it is DC coupled. (At the time I was trying to measure an 1V AC waveform 'riding' 6V DC).

Second issue - one of the passive probes provided with the scope has an poor connection, (somewhere in the barrel of the probe), for the ground return. (Again, this probe was never used before yesterday.) Trying to measure voltage with an R to ground that varied between several ohms and infinity, depending on how the probe was held and pressure applied to the barrel.... well, let's just say I wasted more time due to that than I should have done!

Is there any additional testing that I can do with regard to the lack of AC coupling for channel A? Is this a hardware fault? The scope probe - not so concerned about this, but would be nice to have it replaced.

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: 3206: AC coupling not working on B channel

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
You are still well within warranty so there is no problem returning it for repair. I will pick up your ticket on Help-desk.
PeterF.

clivem

Re: 3206: AC coupling not working on B channel

Post by clivem »

Thanks, Peter.