Frequency to Voltage Trace

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
alan hoy

Frequency to Voltage Trace

Post by alan hoy »

Hi,

I work at Ford's Dunton Technical Centre on test instrumentation equipment.

We have a Pico Scope 3424 available to us and are in the process of ordering another 4 channel scope.

We have an application where we have a 135 toothed wheel (Ringear) and would like to display the tooth to tooth trace as a speed.

The data is already captured by the scope and can be post processed to converted to frequency but only displays as a tabular table.

We would like a speed trace as the engine starts up, ideally for 0.5 of a second. Is there a function that can do this.

Thanks

Alan Hoy

Instrumentation & Engine Control Support
Powertrain Development Laboratory - Dunton
15/2F-D04 Tel 738 3222 (01268 403222)

alan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Frequency to Voltage Trace

Post by alan »

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the post. With your PicoScope 3424 the way to do this will be to use PicoLog data logging software rather than PicoScope. When you add a measurement for a channel one of the options is frequency.

If you are purchasing a new scope then please send me a personal message first. The PicoScope 4423 has some options for doing this within PicoScope which will make the job easier. This is still however in beta testing.

Regards
Alan

Post by Guest »

Alan,

We have just received our new Picoscope, its a 4424.

Thanks
Alan

[quote="alan"]Hi Alan,

Thanks for the post. With your PicoScope 3424 the way to do this will be to use PicoLog data logging software rather than PicoScope. When you add a measurement for a channel one of the options is frequency.

If you are purchasing a new scope then please send me a personal message first. The PicoScope 4423 has some options for doing this within PicoScope which will make the job easier. This is still however in beta testing.

Regards
Alan[/quote]

alan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by alan »

Hi Alan,

I have sent you a direct email.

Regards
Alan