Tc-08 blank data file

Forum for discussing PicoLog

Tc-08 blank data file

Post by Guest »

Hello

I recorded a data file using a tc-08 serial logger, connected to a dell mini 9, using a usb to serial connector. The PWL file will open and contains the correct number of readings etc, however the data tables are blank. The PWL file is large: 161Kb for 8190 samples on three channels, suggesting the data is there. Any suggestions on how to extract it from the data file. Important experimental data, whichh can not be repeated! Please Help!

Many Thanks

Eric

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi Eric

Can you send the file to support@picotech.com?

Regards

Robin

DanielW

Re: Tc-08 blank data file

Post by DanielW »

Was it possible to recover the file? I have very similar problems after laptop unplanned shutdown during recording data.

Cheers,
Daniel.

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

We can sometimes recover the files, so I would recommend sending it in (support@picotech.com). Could you also send an uncorrupted data file that was generated using exactly the same settings?

Robin

DanielW

Post by DanielW »

Robin wrote:Hi

We can sometimes recover the files, so I would recommend sending it in (support@picotech.com). Could you also send an uncorrupted data file that was generated using exactly the same settings?

Robin
Hi Robin,
I have attempted to send my file to (support@picotech.com) but have received an "Undeliverable: Delivery Status Notification (Failure) " message.

" Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Broken .plw file

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

support@picotech.com on 29/10/2009 11:28
The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator.
.co.uk #4.0.0 smtp;450 Requested mail action not taken: mailbox unavailable>"

Is there something wrong with your address?

Cheers,
Daniel.

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

That's the correct address and I'm not aware of any problems (we are receiving emails). I'm not sure if there is a limit on attachment size. I would suggest trying again and if you still have problems, call 01480 396 395 and ask for technical support.

DanielW

Post by DanielW »

Thanks Robin, I have been talking to Peter via email. May have to resort to snail mailing the file on a CD...
Cheers,
Daniel.