Help with "fast" mode and "slow" mode in

Which product is right for your exact requirements

Post by Guest »

markspencer wrote:Hi,

We provide details of and examples that the ADC-216 has been used for is testing audio equipment.

http://www.picotech.com/applications/spectrum.html
I've read this stuff ad nauseum over the course of the last two weeks. As far as I can tell [and, since you haven't refuted me, I'm beginning to feel that this must be the truth], the assertion that the ADC-216 can achieve 333K samples per second is an UTTER AND COMPLETE LIE.

An honest person [in there such a thing in sales and marketing?] would say that "the ADC-216 can, for very short durations, achieve a rate of sampling that would, were it extrapolated to a full second, be the equivalent of 333K samples per second, but UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER can the ADC-216 ever achieve 333K samples of anything, because its sampling buffer is simply too small by a factor of more than 10."

Now is that statement accurate?

And again, just what pieces of music benefit from being sampled 44.1K times per second at 16bit granularity for a mere three quarters of a second? The Eroica Symphony? The Sixty Second Waltz? The Snoop Dogg standard, For All My Niggaz & Bitches? Mildred J. Hill and Patty Smith Hill's classic Happy Birthday to You? Can you even speak the word "Happy" in three quarters of a second?

Please, clue me in here. We'd love to use your product, but we've just about come to the conclusion that you people should be prosecuted for fraud.

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am sorry that you feel like that. The specifications state that the unit can collectt 32000 samples at a rate of 333,000 samples per second.

We have not stated any inaccuracys or exagerations on what our product does.

Kindest regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer