Wireless Deployment

Which product is right for your exact requirements
NeilW

Wireless Deployment

Post by NeilW »

I am interested in deploying the EL005 across a wireless (802.11b) environment. Is this possible? Is the only output from the EL005 unit a serial feed? If so, can this be IP'd to remove the need for PC attachment?

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

It is possible to access logger data remotely using either a radio modem or a telephone modem.

Radio modem
One computer can maintain radio modem links to several remote loggers. Because EnviroMon requires very little power, the remote loggers can easily operate using a battery that is kept charged using a solar panel. The logger has built-in power saving features to turn off the radio modem when it is not required.

Telephone modem
The EnviroMon software running on a PC can use a modem to make a telephone call to a remote logger, then extract data from the logger and terminate the connection.

The logger can be configured to permit the modem to answer telephone calls only during a narrow time range. This means, for example, that the logger data can be downloaded at night using a telephone line that is allocated for other uses during the day.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Fon

Wireless Conection

Post by Fon »

Hi, It is possible to access logger data remotely using CDMA tech instep of GSM

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

The Enviromon system can use GSM for remote or mobile applications but it does not work with CDMA technology.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Fon

Post by Fon »

markspencer wrote:Hi,

The Enviromon system can use GSM for remote or mobile applications but it does not work with CDMA technology.

Best regards,
Hi Mark!!
Can you tell me why?
My device has a serial port for Data that can receive AT commands. That helps?

Fon

Post by Fon »

Fon wrote:
markspencer wrote:Hi,

Best regards,
Hi Mark!!
Can you tell me why?
My device has a serial port for Data that can receive AT commands and speeds up to 240kbps . That helps?

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

We have tested Enviromon with GSM and know that it works, but it has not been tested with CDMA technology, therefore we are unable to state that it does work.

If you wish to try it out please let us know your how you get on, unfortunately, we would not be able to provide support.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer