temperature vs time

Which product is right for your exact requirements
DaveSmith
User
User

temperature vs time

Post by DaveSmith »

I want to monitor Temp vs Time from 4 thermocouples. Is there any way I can start collecting data individually from each on a PC and display on a 4 way split screen.

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

I'm not sure I understand your question correctly. Do you want to record the temperature from four thermocouples using a different PC for each?

Have you seen our TC-08? The TC-08 is a thermocouple data logger that connects via USB to a PC and allows you to log data from eight thermocouples:

http://www.picotech.com/thermocouple.html

Robin

DaveSmith
User
User

Post by DaveSmith »

Hi Robin,

I want to input from 4 thermocouples to one PC with the interface software allowing the PC to have a 4 way split screen. Each segment of the screen to show data from each thermocouple and each screen to be started independently i.e. can be started at differnt times.

Regards
Dave Smith

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi Dave

Unfortunately, this is not possible with our software as you would need to stop collection to change the set up and enable/disable channels. If you were to write your own software or use LabVIEW, this could be done.

PicoLog will plot the temperature vs. time of all enabled channels on the same axes.

Do you really need to start/stop the channels independently?

Robin

DaveSmith
User
User

Post by DaveSmith »

We definately need independent starts. Is there a package you could offer using an alternative software?

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

Our only logging software is PicoLog (http://www.picotech.com/data-logging-software.html), which requires all channels to be set up before collection starts.

The options are to either create your own software, or use PicoLog and ignore/discard readings that are not of interest.

Robin