Recommendation for pulsed AWG application

Which product is right for your exact requirements
pnlawrence
User
User

Recommendation for pulsed AWG application

Post by pnlawrence »

Just to get me started, can I get some information on the equipment that will perform well with the following?

The signal waveforms involved are periodically pulsed at repetition rates from 100 Hz to 10 KHz with 1 to 10 cycles at frequencies from 1 to 10 MHz. (Selected, not all at the same time.) The waveform is sinusoidal with only amplitude variations.

I have need to record, measure and publish the waveforms, FFT, bandwidth and raw collected data from at least 1 pulse.

I also have need to generated the waveform (pulse) and to record, measure and publish the waveforms, FFT, bandwidth and raw collected data from at least 1 pulse after it has passed through some instrumentation. This involves an external trigger situation, too.

I'm wondering if the AWG can generate such a waveform for ultimate injection into some instrumentation?

Where do I start with your instruments and software? Publishing involves producing final PDF files for distribution and storage.

pnlawrence
User
User

Post by pnlawrence »

I wonder if there's an answer to this post?

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

Sorry for the delay.

I take it that the signal you wish to generate is also up to 10 MHz. Given this, I would suggest you have a look at our 5000 series oscilloscopes (http://www.picotech.com/picoscope5200.html).

Please let me know if you have any questions

Robin

Jeff
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Jeff »

On the subject of publishing, PicoScope cannot directly produce PDFs but it does have a Print command. If you install a free PDF printer driver like PDFCreator or CutePDF, you can produce a PDF of any waveform or FFT that is displayed on the PicoScope screen, including the measurements table and rulers.
Jeff