Problem with downloading Picolog

Forum for discussing PicoLog

Problem with downloading Picolog

Post by Guest »

Hello,

I have a TC-08 Serial device that I have used in the past with my old laptop. I now have a new laptop that doesn't have the right serial connection, so I purchased a serial-USB adapter.

The first time I tried all of the software components downloaded, but pico recorder couldn't recognize the TC-08 (I checked and the driver associated with the USB-Serial adapter is installed correctly).

So, I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, 3 times so far. The problem is, each time I have reinstalled it there is no pico recorder - when I try to open the "pico recorder" icon it simply redirects me to pico player. Is there a special installation that I need to do?

Thanks,

Conor

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Conor,

It sounds like PicoLog is alreadyu open. Both player and recorder ar the same program in different instances. If you have PicoLog open but minimised, it will drop down to the taskbar. Look for the PicoLog logo next to the clock.

When PicoLog is open or minimised, any attempt to open another instance of PicoLog will automatically open the Player. This is to prevent accidental changes or conflicts.

Best regards,
Michael
Attachments
PLLogo.jpg
PLLogo.jpg (9.31 KiB) Viewed 5188 times
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Pico recorder not responding after connect to TC08 serial

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I have the same connection as said earlier, TC 08 serial connected via a USB-serial converter. However, my pico recorder doesn't respond after 1 sampling. I uninstalled it and reinstalled again. Now it stops or just no respond after a few hundreds of sampling. What is this problem associated with? I have checked the CPU performance but seems not because of the computer processor's limitation. Any suggestion for such problem?

Regards!

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

It could be that your USB serial port does not supply enough power. You could test this by supplying the power externally. Alternatively you could measure the voltage on RTS and DTR with the TC08 connected. Our USB serial port will supply enough power.

The TC-08 draws it's power from the RS-232 line, it uses the following pins:-

3 TX - Data from the PC to the TC-08

2 RX - Data from the TC-08 to the PC

7 RTS - Held at a positive voltage (>7V) to power the TC-08

5 GND - 0V line

4 DTR - Held at a negative voltage (<-7V) to power the TC-08