64bit usbtc08.dll required

Post your C and C++ discussions here
yabbas
User
User

64bit usbtc08.dll required

Post by yabbas »

Many thanks for finally supporting 64bit Windows platforms in the tc08 drivers. Picolog works well under Windows 7.

However, I'm trying to interface the tc-08 with Matlab 64 - unfortunately the bundled usbtc08.dll has been compiled for 32bit OS's. Could you please recompile the dll for 64bit OSs.

Thank you in advance.

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

I'm afraid we currently only have 32-bit drivers.

Robin

yabbas
User
User

Post by yabbas »

That's bizarre - PicoLog R5.20.5 available on http://labs.picotech.com happens to install both the application (PicoLog) and the TC-08 driver under a 64 bit version of Windows 7 beta.

The only thing missing from the equation now is the 64 bit version of usbtc08.dll - with all due respect Robin as there appears to be some confusion now, could you ask your resident programmers to simply compile usbtc08.dll with the 64 bit flags (I'm sure they wouldn't even need to change the source code!)

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

PicoLog uses Windows on Windows 64 to run on 64-bit O/S. So it does use the 32-bit driver and you can write your own 32-bit applications.

I did check with the software engineers before posting and was told that it would require some development/testing work.

Robin