data conversion from mV

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
r
User
User

data conversion from mV

Post by r »

I am using a tc08 datalogger with a gas analyser. Gas is measured in terms of ppmv for some gases, % for others. What are the conversion factors for the k type thermocouples which are used, to convert the mV readings in the datalogger software to % and ppmv values for my graphs?

Thanks in advance.

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

See the following for information on thermocouple voltages: http://www.picotech.com/applications/thermocouple.html

Was your system with the gas analyser set up by someone else? We don't supply a gas analyser. The input range of the USB TC-08 is +/- 70 mV. You can use channel scaling to customise your measurement units.

You can see what scaling has been used by clicking "settings->input channels" select the channel and click on "options" and then "scaling".

Robin

r
User
User

Post by r »

I can't see how the information provided is relevant. The gas analyser is from another manufacturer; the pico logger is used for data collection and export.

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

The TC-08 is a thermocouple data logger that can either be used with theromocouples or to measure voltages in the range +/- 70 mV.

Therefore, you must be scaling the channel to see values in ppm or %.