Disappearing Trace

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)

Disappearing Trace

Post by Guest »

Hi,
Every time I open a saved trace, it opens normally but then disappears in less than 1sec. The data appears normal - for the short time that it is visible - but then disappears before I can analyse it. Is there any way to solve this problem?
I'm not sure which version of picoscope we have - the only reference I could find is PSW044 v1.8 12.2.07 (if that helps?)
I'd appreciate any advice on solving this prioblem!
Thanks,
B

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

You can find the version by clicking on "help" and then "about PicoScope". You can always download the latest version from www.picotech.com/software

Which product do you have?

Robin

Disappearing Trace

Post by Guest »

ok, the version is: 5.17.1
The problem is intermittent, sometimes the data is displayed normally when I open the saved file, but usually it flashes up for less than 1sec and then disappears...
The only quick fix I could come up with is taking a screen-shot (print screen) in the short time that the trace is visible... This is ok for counting the number of peaks, but not good enough for real data analysis...
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

As you are using an old version of the software, I would first suggest downloading the latest from www.picotech.com/software

Robin

Disappearing trace

Post by Guest »

I downloaded a trial version of Picoscope6, which partially solves the problem... now the trace remains visible once opened, which is good...

However, I acquire multiple traces on the same plot (using the digital colour, infinite persistence setting) and only the final trace that I have acquired is displayed. It also appears in the analogue display, which I don't seem to be able to change in the demo version... Is there any way to display all the traces? (all the traces are momentarily visible in the old version of picoscope, so the data/file is there somewhere)

I'd really appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks!

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

There are a number of settings in persistance mode, including decay time. See http://www.picotech.com/document/pdf/psw6-en.pdf for more information.

Multiple (up to 1000) waveforms are stored in the waveform buffer, which you can scroll through.

Traces certainly shouldn't disappear!

Robin

Post by Guest »

I can see all the overlayed traces very briefly using picoscope-5, however, they all vanish immediately after opening. The fact that they appear briefly suggests that they have been acquired correctly and that there is a bug in the software that prevents them from being displayed properly. This only affects sporadic files (usually the files acquired first are ok but later ones have this problem) and this has been the experience of multiple users.

Using version 6 only one trace is displayed - the waveform buffer says: displaying 1of1, when there should be about 50.. even after I have set the preferences to maximum.

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

What scope are you using? Can you post your settings file?