Logic Trigger

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
d_davis
User
User

Logic Trigger

Post by d_davis »

Hello,
I'm using a 2205 with V6.2.2.2. I've tried to use the advanced logic trigger on some simple signals but I'm experiencing lots of problems. Even triggering with Above/Below thresholds on a single trace seems to not work correctly. In particular, if I trigger a simple logic level pulse train (Trigger = Below 2.6V) the resulting trigger is the rising edge (at T=0) and not the falling edge as I would expect. Even if I change to Above 2.6V the trigger point remains the same. Is this a known issue or am I doing something completely wrong?

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

I have just checked this and it appears to be working correctly.

Can you post your settings file, so I can see exactly which settings you have?

('file | save current waveform as' and save as a .pssettings file)

Robin

d_davis
User
User

Post by d_davis »

Hi,

Attachment as requested.

Regards,
Darren
Attachments
logic_trigger.zip
(2.62 KiB) Downloaded 401 times

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi Darren

This appears to be OK. What conditions are you trying to trigger on?

Robin

d_davis
User
User

Post by d_davis »

CH_A set to Not Used. Triggering on CH_B as [Level below 2.6V]. With this configuration I would expect the trigger point to be the falling edge of the pulse i.e. as it transitions from above 2.6V to below 2.6V. However, it triggers on the rising edge instead. If I change the trigger to [Above 2.6V] it triggers on the rising edge as expected. If I change the trigger to [Falling below 2.6V] then it triggers correctly. When I introduce CH_A in the logic I get even more unexpected results. It's as though the trigger point is when the requested condition is no longer met?

Regards,
Darren

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

You're right, there does appear to be a problem with the 'falling' option in logic triggering. We will look in to this further.