full system control

Post any questions about our serial port products
Spence
User
User

full system control

Post by Spence »

Hi,
a bit new to this so I may be posting in the wrong section but please bear with me...

I am measuring thermal points (8 off) on a system and I really would like to add extra functionality.
Ideally I would like to vary the input voltage and current and still monitor the temperature but all automatically.
Is there a function on the pico software to take a reading and then increase/decrease the power supply prior to taking another reading or will Ihave to run 2 bits of software?
Ideally the one would be best so I could integrate the voltage/Current readings together with the temperature nodes.
Cheers for any help.
Spence

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi Spence

I'm a bit confused. Which voltage do you wish to vary?

Robin

Spence
User
User

Post by Spence »

Hi Robin,
Sorry for not being too precise......
I have a product I have designed that I wish to leave on test for a long period of time.
I will thermocouple this device up and start to log this information but I will also need to vary the input voltageand also the current to my design and monitor the thermals under the new conditions.
I can do this manually but I have a programmable power supply which I would also like to have some control over and what a fantastic way to do it and integrate it with the thermal measurements.
Your input is valued.
Regards,
Spence

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

If your power supply allows you to do so, you could create your own software to control the supply and read temperature values from our TC08. You can use LabVIEW with the TC08.