PicoScope 6 Configuration Error

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
abuen

PicoScope 6 Configuration Error

Post by abuen »

Hello,

I have a PicoScope 5444B. I receive the following error messages when I try to launch PicoScope 6:
errorMessage1.png
errorMessage2.png
So I checked the PicoScope.exe.config file mentioned in the first image, and took a look at the code:

Code: Select all

One answer from StackOverflow suggested I was missing something in the code, but I'm not sure what that would be or what I'd add to it. Another answer I got from hours of Googling was that this has to do with .NET Framework. I'm missing a machine.config file but I can't seem to repair/reinstall the framework and I can't download the machine.config file. I'm pretty stumped, so I'd really appreciate some help to move forward. Thank you!

Hitesh

Re: PicoScope 6 Configuration Error

Post by Hitesh »

Hi abuen,

Which version of the PicoScope 6 software have you installed?

If possible, could you see if a trace.xml file has been generated (see section 3 of the PicoScope 6 FAQ) and post it here or send it by e-mail to support@picotech.com?

Are you using Windows 10 and are all Windows updates installed?

Regards,

abuen

Post by abuen »

Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for getting back to me! I've downloaded and installed version 6.13.6. A trace.xml file was generated, but it's empty. I do have Windows 10 installed, and it is up to date (I've been checking for updates constantly).

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

I would suggest uninstalling the software, then navigate to the location you found trace.xml and delete that directory (saving files elsewhere if you think you will need them again). Reboot the PC and then reinstall the software.

There should be no need to look at, or modify, our .config file it is correct. You should be able to repair the .NET framework as that is likely to be an issue. I would go onto the Microsoft site to find the correct instructions for doing this, do not rely on third party sites.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager