ADC100, drivers for Win2000

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
RichardO

Post by RichardO »

Looking through the declarations in the C code example, there seem to be 2 functions that are not described in the manual - could you tell me what the following do?

adc100_apply_fix

adc100_get_combined_values

The first one sounds like it might be the function to apply filters?

R

RichardO

This is now urgent.

Post by RichardO »

On further investigation it seems that only the lower 8 bits are being passed regardless of the range set. Picolog shows the same results as my code. Only picoscope works correctly and this is not suitable for my application.

So I conclude that the converter must be programmed separately for each application. Can Pico please inform of how to do this?

This matter is now urgent. I've been faffing about with this box for over a week now and am fed up with it - to so say nothing of my company being concerned about the time I'm spending debugging somone else's product. If it isn't working by the end of the today it will be returned as "not fit for purpose".

Jorgen

ADC-100 problems

Post by Jorgen »

Hi Richard and Mark

I also tested the PicoLog program, which gives the same kind of errors as my C program. But the PicoScope still works fine!

In addition I also made a test with a call using adc100_get_times_and_values
instead of just a single reading. This STILL gives the same problem.

To summarise:

Win-98 + ADC-101: all programs works
Win-XP and a parallel port + ADC-101: PicoScope works BUT not PicoLog, Excel fil, C++ code, C code...................
Win-XP and a USB->Parallel port adaptor + ADC-101: all programs works

So even though you previously wrote that PicoScope only manipulates the parallel port by calling the dll, it must somehow do things differently from the PicoLog and C,VB,C++ code.

Are you sure that the program doesn't make some kind of initialisation of the parallel port?????

Have a nice weekend

Regards Jørgen

RichardO

The answer is.....

Post by RichardO »

Right, after searching every keyword I could think of I found this info on another thread on here.

Put these two lines in the win.ini file, put the adapter in circuit, and picoscope and the other code works fine.

[ADC100]
UseAdapter=Yes

If you have already put the f0:2 patch in picoscope then you'll find the win.ini conatins a flag for that. I put the extra lines after the picoscope lines, but it shouldn't make any difference where they go.

So the answer to my earlier question is that yes you do need to patch the other software too. Quite why tech support couldn't tell us that is beyond me.

R

Jorgen

ADC-100 problems solved

Post by Jorgen »

Hi Richard and Mark

Putting the

[ADC100]
UseAdapter=Yes

lines in win.ini also solved my problems! My customers only uses ADC-101 which have the adapter build-in, so I was wondering if the setting can be set through the dll or otherwise, so that my users don't have to do this themselves!

Regards Jørgen

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am glad that both of you have now got it working. I assumed that you had read all the posts starting from the original Zoran. The second post down describes using the f0:2 and the insert into win.ini:
[ADC100]
UseAdapter=Yes
Kindest regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Angela

Similar problems

Post by Angela »

I have an ADC-100 which works fine on a very old computer using the DOS version of picolog. I am now trying to use to on a newer PC running Windows 2000 so that I can integrate it with other data acquisition in LabView, but I can't get it to work at all.

I have read the above and tried eveything but to no avail. The difference from the given solution is that I am not using an adapter(?) so can see that it may not be the most relevant advice.

All ideas gratefully received,

Angela