Picoscope 5244D

Discussion forum for the Picoscope 6 Linux software
mroussin

Picoscope 5244D

Post by mroussin »

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any development for the 5244D on the SDK. Picoscope software won't even find it.

Thanks,
Maxime.

Hitesh

Re: Picoscope 5244D

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Maxime,

We are due to release a new version of the PicoScope 6 for Linux software very soon which will also mean new driver packages will be available for Customers wishing to write their own software application.

The Programmer's Guide is in the process of being reviewed following updates to the API functions. You should be able to use existing code examples for most of the functionality but there will be new functions for trigger setup and if the PicoScope 5244D is on a non-USB 3.0 port, the ps5000aOpenUnit() function will return PICO_USB3_0_DEVICE_NON_USB3_0_PORT which you should handle accordingly.

Regards,

mroussin

Post by mroussin »

Hitesh wrote:Hi Maxime,

if the PicoScope 5244D is on a non-USB 3.0 port, the ps5000aOpenUnit() function will return PICO_USB3_0_DEVICE_NON_USB3_0_PORT which you should handle accordingly.

Regards,
I'm on a USB-3, I get the PICO_NOT_FOUND error instead when using SDK. I don't see it in the

Code: Select all

/dev/ttyUSB*
devices either. Maybe that's a clue?

OpenUnit returns PICO_NOT_FOUND from SDK.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Maxime,

The current libps5000a driver does not support the PicoScope 5244D. When the new PicoScope 6 for Linux software is released the associated library/driver will have support for the device.

Regards,