Use of multiple TC-08 units

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Bungalow209
User
User

Use of multiple TC-08 units

Post by Bungalow209 »

I am looking to use the TC-08 to log upto 20 thermcouples, so will need 3 units.
In reading one particular entry on this forum it seems that I will not be able to display more than 16 channels at any one time. Can this really be true?
In reading another entry it seems that displaying the real time data is too much for some PCs. Again this seems odd as I would imagine that this is exactly what a significant number of people want to do.
I also read a lot about these units crashing or freezing.

Are there people out there who have successfuly used these in what I would have thought to be reasonably standard operating environment, ie logging maybe 20 thermcouples and displaying the values graphically on a laptop in "real time". Probably only need to take measurements every minute or so for no longer than say 4 hours.

Some positive feedback would be appreciated, although any experiences from people trying to do the same would be great.

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

It is true that only 16 channels can be displayed at one time but that is for practical reasons. More than 16 would make it very difficult to view the channels or identify them. To get round this when you have more than 16 channels, you can group together sets of channels into named groups of 2 to 16 channels and very quickly switch between the groups to view them all. Channels used for reference timing can be in multiple groups.
ALL channels are saved to disk.
If you use the latest software, switch off all power saving features that can turn off the USB ports and use our TC-08 data loggers, you should have no problem logging what you propose.
Regards,
PeterF.