Introduction

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, and what you do
danielrflor

Introduction

Post by danielrflor »

Hello,

My name is Daniel, I'm a electrical engineer and work with embedded systems. I use PicoScope a lot and, until now it seems to be an excellent tool.

With my bests regards,
Daniel.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Introduction

Post by Martyn »

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully it will continue to be an excellent tool :D
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

campbell.kwtech

Post by campbell.kwtech »

My name is David, I work at a new Kenworh Truck Dealership. I'm new to Picoscope, I just ordered a 2207B from your distributor Saelig Comp through Amazon : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H5 ... UTF8&psc=1

I've never used an oscilloscope. I'll be using it to help me diagnose CAN's, specifically the J1939 CAN protocol used on Medium and Heavy Duty Trucks. These CAN's work on 60 ohms and at speeds of 250 kb/s and 500 kb/s. I will also be using it to diagnose Meritor Wabco ABS Private CAN and the Bendix ABS private CAN. Maybe the LIN Can to Multiplex Switches. I'm sure this tool will also help me with the Cummins and Paccar MX engine diagnostics.

I believe I chose a model that will suit my needs. I'm not exactly sure what will come in the box. I am aware I'll need to buy some adapters. I will be making some of my own connections to tap into these cans at Diagnostic Connectors along with breakout connectors that we have in a kit.

Will I need to buy The TA051 feed-through attenuator or equivalent to test these J1939 CAN's?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

We don't normally recommend using our Test and Measurement scopes in an automotive environment, and for that reason they will not work with the PicoScope 6 Automotive or PicoScope Diagnostics software, and will not allow you to access the online Wavform Library.

However if you are only interested in diagnosing CAN signals then provided the voltage is within the range of the scope then the T&M PicoScope 6 will be able to do this. In the box you will get a USB cable and 2 oscilloscope probes (x1/x10), that can be used to reduce the voltage to the scopes range. You will need to download the software from the tab at the top of this page.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager