It used to work!! Could it be XP SP3?

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
steveclarknoe
User
User

It used to work!! Could it be XP SP3?

Post by steveclarknoe »

Hi - I have a 3205 Picoscope which I haven't used for a couple of months. I needed to check out a new board, but on un-burying the unit and connecting the USB cable I got a message stating first that the unit would perform better on a high speed port (its on one) and then on re-plugging it that the USB device had malfunctioned. I have tried loading the latest software and that makes no difference at all. Over the weekend I tried the 'scope on my laptop and another desktop PC, with a different cable, with and without the 12v power supply (never needed that before). All machines are running XP pro - and all have had the SP3 update. The new software does not appear to load a USB driver, have looked through the manual and I cannot see any reference to the driver elsewhere on the website. Help appreciated - its very frustrating!
Steve C.

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello steveclarknoe,

This could be an installation process problem as our software works OK with SP3.

Please try re-installing the software and hardware according to the following instructions: http://www.picotech.com/support/kb/Soft ... tion-kb141

Regards
John

steveclarknoe
User
User

Post by steveclarknoe »

Hello again - I have aleady followed those instructions - as originaly mentioned, the 'scope used to work when I last unplugged it, but on reconnecting it Windows just came up with the port speed message, the software cannot see the 'scope.

Same with two other PCs - neither of these had previously been used with picoscope before, the software was downloaded fresh from the website and run in both cases before the scope was attached.

Anything else I can try? Thanks in anticipation.
Steve C.

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello steveclarknoe,

It may possibly be a hardware fault if you have the same problem on other machines.

Please send an email to support@picotech.com with your return address and contact details and a link to this post if you wish to return the unit for investigation and repair.

Regards
John

steveclarknoe
User
User

Post by steveclarknoe »

Another week shot past - will have one last attempt to install Monday, if no joy will follow the link and return the unit.

Thanks.
Steve C.

Steve42lawson

Post by Steve42lawson »

Hi, I'm a pre-sales peruser who would like to know how this came out. Any word?

steveclarknoe
User
User

Progress report

Post by steveclarknoe »

I'm afraid I have been busy with other things, managed to blow dust off another scope and do what I needed with that. I need to return the unit for investigation as 3 machines tried, more than 1 port on each also - and got nowhere.