Temperature Inversion

Having problems ? let us know the details here
skparsite
User
User

Temperature Inversion

Post by skparsite »

I bought a TC-08 a few months ago to measure the freezing point of parasitic insects. Before I was just using the first 4 channels but now I have started to use all 8. Essentially what I do is attach a thermocouple to an insect and place them into a freezer while the tc-08 sits at room temp. The data I am collecting look great and the data logger seems to be performing well except the 8th channel seems to be inverting the temperature (as the temperature of the thermocouple drops it reads out as an increase). It is easy enough to transform this data but it is an extra step that should not be required. I have attached a screen shot of the output that shows the problem.
Attachments
tc08 issue.PNG

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Temperature Inversion

Post by Martyn »

Usually if a reading goes the wrong way it means the plug had been inserted the wrong way round.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

skparsite
User
User

Re: Temperature Inversion

Post by skparsite »

Martyn wrote:Usually if a reading goes the wrong way it means the plug had been inserted the wrong way round.
That was my first thought but I didn't think you could physically fit the plug in backwards into the data-logger. I was wrong, turning it around fixed everything. Thanks. Great system.