Unable to connect scope and software

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Roger_883

Unable to connect scope and software

Post by Roger_883 »

I have used pico support email, but the time it takes to get update answers is horrible! So i will give it a shot in your forum.

My configuration is Picoscope 3406D MSO with win 10 Surface Pro 4 USB 3.0 and original powersuply + cable.

First time usage: Got the captured waveform, then software freeze after 10sec and the blinking led on picosope turns off. Tride multiple times, same result. removed Picoscope 6 (newest verson) and drivers from device manager. Installed software and driver and now there is no vaweform, the check cable dissapairs when i plug in the scope, but there is nothing showing up on the screen, nor does it trigger the relays in the unit.

Connected to second Laptop with WIN 10 USB 3.
Same as above. Starts capturing waveform and freeze after 10 sec. Connected to USB 2.0 port and everything worked perfect.

Connected to third laptop running win 7. No comunication ether on USB3 or USB2!

What the fruit is wrong with this thing? It totaly random! The only thin that is common is that all the USB controllers use Intel chip.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to connect scope and software

Post by Martyn »

When you have captured a successful buffer can you do File->Save and save the current waveform so that we can look at the data and the settings you are using.

When the software freezes can you locate and send us the trace.xml file as shown in section 3 of the Frequently Asked Questions Guide

Are you using the supplied USB 3 cable for both the USB3 and USB2 tests ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Roger_883

Post by Roger_883 »

Ok,
Should i send the files to support? All original PSU/cables as staded in my discription!

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Yes please send the files to support@picotech.com

If you have access to a different USB3 or USB2 cable, could you try with that, it doesn't have to be a Pico blue one.
Martyn

Roger_883

Post by Roger_883 »

Hi,

I have sent the files. i have tried with a new USB3 cable. I have removed the software and drivers from device manager, re-installed pico 6 and now the scope wont even be recognized. When starting Pico 6 i get prompt "no device found" i reinstall the USB cable, and the plug in sound appears, then the unplug sound right afterwards.

regards

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The files show a timeout error in the driver which the development team will investigate.
Martyn