What is the sample rate of the ADC-24 ?

Which product is right for your exact requirements

What is the sample rate of the ADC-24 ?

Post by Guest »

I can't see sample rate mentioned anywhere in the guide or on the website. I need to sample some 400kHz signals so require 800 ks/s from the 'scope. Can it do this?
thanks,
Paul Stubbs

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

For the data loggers, we give conversion times rather than sampling rates. The spec for the ADC20 can be found here: http://www.picotech.com/precision-data-acquisition.html

It has a range of conversion times that can be selected and faster conversion times will reduce the resolution. The following conversion times are available: 660 ms, 340 ms, 180 ms, 100 ms, 60 ms.

For your application, it sounds as if you require an oscilloscope. Have a look at the 2200 range, or if you require higher resolution, the PicoScope 3224.

Hope this helps

Robin

Post by Guest »

I require twelve channels of mixed analogue and digital input at an upper frequency of 200 kHz. The data needs to be logged in real time onto a hdd. Signals should not exceed 5V pk-pk at any point.
Do you have any hardware that can do this?
If not, can four x three channel 'scopes be used on USB?
Thanks,
Paul Stubbs

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi Paul

The most channels we have in a scope is four (PicoScope 3424).

It may be possible to use three of these scopes if you write your own software. However, I would need to look in to it further.

How long do you wish to collect the data for? Are you sure that 800 kS/s is high enough? Such a low sampling rate will not give you an accurate picture of the wave form.

Regards

Robin

Post by Guest »

Robin,
The maximum frequency that we will be sampling is 400kHz so i assumed (based on nyquist) that i would get away with 800ks/s. i aggree that it would limit the usefulness of the kit, and that perhaps 2Msps would be better, but i was just trying to get a feel for what's available.
I think the writing of our own front end is unlikely, to be honest, but it is a possibility.
thanks,
Paul Stubbs

Post by Guest »

Just an update, I realised that I didn't answer all of your questions.
I would need to record data for a maximum of several hours.

Is there a method to record 12 channels of data at 800ks/s for this durations?

Thanks,
Paul Stubbs

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi Paul

To do this, you would need to write your own software. You would end up with a lot of data if you are logging for hours (77 Mbits/s or 34.6 GB per hour). Can you not use a trigger to eliminate this long collection time and only start recording on a particular event?

Robin