TC 08 data logger won't connect to MacBook Pro

Having problems ? let us know the details here
richiejohnson

TC 08 data logger won't connect to MacBook Pro

Post by richiejohnson »

Hi guys, just after some tech support please, I have a TC08 data logger GJY17/225 with a ethernet to USB cable, I wish to connect it to a MacBook Pro running Sierra OSX, I have downloaded the piccolo software 6 current version, my problem is that the software doesn't seem to pick up the pico TC 08 hardware when searching, and no LED light evident on TC08. can anyone shed some light thanks for any assistance.....

Hitesh

Re: TC 08 data logger won't connect to MacBook Pro

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Richie,

Could you please confirm if the TC-08 is recognised when it is directly connected to the Mac and you are using the PicoLog 6 software?

Regards,

Albercook
User
User

Post by Albercook »

Dear Hitech,

It would be very helpful for us folks reading the forum posts if when you ask a question like "please confirm if the TC-08 is recognized when it is directly connected to the Mac" you could explain how to do such a thing. Even if the original poster does not respond, since I have the same problem I would like to follow your advice.

Thanks,

Albercook
User
User

Post by Albercook »

I figured out how to tell if my mac recognized the TC-08.
From the apple symbol select about this mac > system report.
I counted the USB items
Unplugged the TC-08
Then selected file> refresh information and found this one only appears when it is plugged in
Vendor-Specific Device:

Product ID: 0x1000
Vendor ID: 0x0ce9
Version: 0.00
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0xfa130000 / 5
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 100
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Just for giggles, I did a google search for Vendor ID: "0x0ce9" and it came back with PicoTech