Start/Stop/Save PicoLog 6 + TC-08

Forum for discussing PicoLog
Will_Haylock

Start/Stop/Save PicoLog 6 + TC-08

Post by Will_Haylock »

What is the correct procedure for manually Starting a logging session, then Stopping it (not pausing) and then Saving the data into a named file.

Also I have noticed when recording temperature over a long time (maybe 3 hours, 1 second capture, 2 channels) the graph will suddenly go 'fuzzy' and the data will not save - this is particularly irritating as all valuable data is then lost and there is no guarantee that the same problem will not happen again when the logging is repeated.

Windows 10 operating system (with all latest updates)
TC-08 temperature logger.

Hitesh

Re: Start/Stop/Save PicoLog 6 + TC-08

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Will_Haylock,

After configuring your data logger, you start recording using the record button. To stop recording, you select the option to save to file.

If you want to start recording again without the previous recording, you can download the data.

Would it be possible to post a screenshot of the 'fuzzy' effect please?

Regards,

Will_Haylock

Post by Will_Haylock »

Thanks for you reply.

I tried running a log again yesterday, starting at about 11am in the morning and left it running over night. This morning I discovered the graph had stopped at about 6.30pm last night and the program was unresponsive - the only way out was to kill the process, no data file could be found.

I have some important temperature logging to do rather urgently so I have resorted to an earlier version of the PicoLog application to see if that is more reliable - others in our company have successfully used version 5 to log temperature over many days so hopefully this will solve my immediate problem.

I will try to get a photo of the 'fuzzy' graph but it can take many hours before this happens so it will be a few days before I can do this.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Will,

Please could you save the configuration for your setup to a .picolog file in the PicoLog 6 software and send it to support@picotech.com

We can then investigate further.

Many thanks,