Windows Xp SP3 Rolling back

Forum for discussing PicoLog

Windows Xp SP3 Rolling back

Post by Guest »

I am trying to install PicoFull_r5_15_6.exe or PicoFull_r5_16_2.exe or PicoFull_r5_20_1.exe . For each of them it won't install and just rolls back the installation. I have seen this was reported for Vista, has it been witnessed or fixed for Windows XP SP3?

I have an ADC-22. I am using it sucessfully on my old Win98 and Windows 2000 computers I have. I keep them going for other older hardware I use here.

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Guest,

Do you have a PCI parallel port card installed?

Regards
John

Post by Guest »

No it's all on board(motherboard). It's a brand new system that I haven't added any hardware to yet.
I don't know if the machine specs make any difference, but here they are:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00GHz
3G RAM

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
Could you try installing again but this time select as your device one of the USB scopes (3204) and ticking the box for "Install for other devices". Please tell me if that works. Also, are you sure that the parallel port is enabled in the BIOS and set to "Standard" or "Output only", not "EPP" or "ECP" mode.
PeterF.

Post by Guest »

Hi,
I tried the USB idea you suggested and it still did the same thing, it rolled back telling me it was interrupted during the install.
I checked the BIOS and the "SPP" (standard) mode was selected.

I have also tried disabling the McAfee OAS antiVirus software as it may have been stopping the file execution. Regardless of how much I disabled this the Pico software still did the same thing.
I also tried "Run as..." in the Windows right click menu to disable "Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity", it still has something causing this rollback.

As I said in my original post I have 2 other computers that are running fine, the Windows2000 computer will soon be setup with a KVM switch so I will be using that if we can't get this going. Is it possible to just get the player part of the software installed on this new computer so I can view it and post the results in an Excel file?

This post is really just feedback for now to help.

Post by Guest »

I just installed the software by selecting the Picoscope 3000 series and kept the "Install for other devices" deselected.
I can now get access to the player that I needed.

Thank you to picojohn and PeterF for your help. I hope this helps development.
Regards,
Mathew

Paiva

Re:

Post by Paiva »

picojohn wrote:Hello Guest,

Do you have a PCI parallel port card installed?

Regards
John
:?: Please what is the issue if Ihave PCI Parallel Port Card Installed?
I'm having the same problem with a Toshiba Satellite Notebok,that don't have internal parallel port, but was possible to install in another Toshiba Satellite with internal parallel port.
Thanks for any help.

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Windows Xp SP3 Rolling back

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
There used to be a problem in earlier software when an additional LPT port was installed. The standard LPT port was LPT1 & a new add-on card was allocated LPT3. Our software did not like the fact that there was now a missing LPT2 in the sequence and "Rolled Back" any new installation. This should be fixed in current software.
Regards,
PeterF.