Latest version of Picoscope on Mac UI not responsive

Discussion forum for the Picoscope 6 Mac software
dcseward

Latest version of Picoscope on Mac UI not responsive

Post by dcseward »

I am attempting to run Picoscope 6 on my Mac. I find the UI to be almost completely unresponsive. This will not work for me.

Any ideas on what I can do to improve things? I am running Mono version 4.0.4 (nothing else seems to work for my Mac). I am running the latest 6.11.13.2 picoscope on the Mac.

I have been completely unable to enable the second channel. I have been almost completely unable to do much of anything beyond fire up the tool and see that it is connecting to the hardware. I was able to change the voltage range once, but that was about it. Rebooting the software doesn't fix things. I tried to enable channel B, but to no avail. I was able to change the time division as well...But that has completely stopped working as well.

help!

Hitesh

Re: Latest version of Picoscope on Mac UI not responsive

Post by Hitesh »

Hi dcsweward,

Please try installing Mono Runtime 5.0.1.1.

We are in the process of testing a new version which addresses some issue. I'm not sure if this will be released prior to the Christmas break, but if not, it should be in early 2018.

Regards,

jeremy

Post by jeremy »

I am having this problem too with Mono 5.8.1.0 and picoscope 6.12.9.64. While running, the oscilloscope display shows fine, but clicking on buttons does nothing. If I stop the capture, everything works (until I start it again). Same problem with Mono 5.0.1.1.

I'm running macos 10.13.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi jeremy,

Which device are you using and is it specific buttons that are not responding?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Mono Runtime?

Regards,

jeremy

Post by jeremy »

Hi Hitesh,

All buttons have the same issue. I'm using the picoscope 3406D MSO.

jeremy

Post by jeremy »

I should have added, yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple versions of mono.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi jeremy,

Would it be possible to post the trace.xml corresponding to your last session with the PicoScope 3406D MSO or e-mail it to support@picotech.com please?

Regards,