TC-08 Data logger Serial

Forum for discussing PicoLog

TC-08 Data logger Serial

Post by Guest »

I've just sent my problems "It's all blank". Here is consequences. When i tried to make a new setting, it said DEMO measurments and converter type is DEMO port LPT 1. How can i change back to my previous one?

Help me.

Sandy

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Sandy,

It is unclear as to exactly what your request is, however, guessing from some key words, please try the following:

Uninstall any Pico software that you have on your PC and then Perform a search for any files with 'Pico' in the title, which you should then delete.

Re-install the latest version of PicoLog for your operating system and re-configure PicoLog for your TC-08.

Please refer to the software installation instructions (http://www.picotech.com/support/kb/Soft ... tion-kb141) and PicoLog user guide (http://www.picotech.com/document/pdf/plw044.pdf).

Regards
John

Post by Guest »

Hi John

I did as you told me to and still cannot use it. Actually, i'm just the end user and i know only a little about Picolog Data Logger. The problem started yesterday when i'm recording temperature and somehow, the PC turned OFF ( the PC is Windows 98 ) and i turned ON again and continued the processing. But it happend 3 or 4 times and after the last time, when i turned on the computer, all the input channels and measurements are gone and blank. When i checked the setting, it showed as DEMO. I can't choose anything like TC-08 serial, as usual.

Today, i re-installed the program (Picofull version 5-16-2) and started the new setting. But in Converter details box, i chose TC08 serial and then COM1 ( i have only one port ) but i showed "TC08 drive V2.6 TC08 not found". So i uninstalled it and re-installed again but this time, i chose COM2. The same error message appeared so i skipped the new setting stage and tried "input channels" under "Setting", it is ok. I can input 8 channels. But i don't know they are working correctly or not.

Can you give me advice? It's urgent matter now. I looked through your website and i found your distributor in my country, Singapore. Please advice me.

Thanks,
Sandy

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Sandy,

I do not know what is wrong with your PC but, you say that the message DEMO appears.

If DEMO relates to Pico software, then you need to do as I suggested before and uninstall/remove all Pico software and files, and start again.

You should enable hidden files to be viewed when searching for any remaining Pico files to delete and, it may pay to reboot before reinstalling PicoLog.

Regards
John