transfering data from picolog to excel

Forum for discussing PicoLog

Post by Guest »

Hi!

I have a problem with transfering data from PLW spreadsheet to excel. I have recorded using to channels, and have a lot of data.
The "copy" "paste" is not working - The data does not show up in excel.... How do I solve this problem?
(I am using a ADC-11, USB)

I hope you can help me!

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
I am surprised you cannot cut & paste but have you tried loading your saved data file back into Player and then re-saving as .txt format? That will directly load into Excel.
Regards,
PeterF.

Post by Guest »

Hi!
I have about 500 .plw files... is there any way to convert these .plw files into .txt using an automatet process? It would be nice if you could refer me to a program that would handle this taks for me.

The issue is that i need my plw data pasted into Excel, the PLW Spreedsheet "Copy to clipboard" function is not working for me. Doing this manually is not an option please help....

Thanks

Cheers
Hege

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
We do not have any automatic routine for converting .plw files to .txt or .csv files.
I am surprised that you cannot get the copy to clipboard function to work. Are you using the "Select" button before clicking on the "Copy to Clipboard" button? If you have Excel open, you can then simply paste to it. I have just tried and it works for me!
Regards,
PeterF.