Output voltage

Forum for discussing PicoLog

Output voltage

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I'm using PicoLog with ADC-100.
My installation is composed of a load cell and an amplifier (these two components work).
Datas are right when I apply a load under 1.050kg but when the load exceeds that weight, the value of the datas goes down to zero and keep on increasing (1.050kg corresponding to 0.525mV).

I have searched in the datasheet but not found.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Hugo B.

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Hugo,

Could you clarify your question for me please?

Regards
John

Output voltage

Post by Guest »

Hello,

I apply on the load cell 50g per 50g, it makes a linear graphe increasing each time I add 50g.
Whereas when the load exceeds 1050g, the curve goes very quickly to 0V and keep increasing when I keep applying weights (instead of be linear and proportional during the whole manipulation).
The question is why the curve come back to 0V instead of keep increasing?

The second thing I don't understand is why the voltage given by the software is not the same than the voltage on the input channel of the ADC-100?

I don't if it's sufficient for you to solve the problem but tell me if you want more infomations.

Sincerely,

Hugo B.

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Hugo,

With respect to the load cell problem, my suggestion would be to speak with the supplier.

You could perform a simple check of the ADC-100 by applying a 1.5v cell and then a 9v battery to see if the unit is measuirng in the right ball park.

Regards
John

Other questions

Post by Guest »

Hello John,

In fact the adc-100 I used don'dt work correctly. I'am using now the data logger adc-11 USB.

With this new data logger, when I launch a record, approximately 6 hours later the software stop and a window with "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" as title is displayed. The window give the following message:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Pico Technology\Pico Full\plw32.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Can you please help me because I would like to take very long records.

Best regards,

Hugo B.

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Hugo,

Which version of PicoLog are you using and on what specification PC and operating system?

Do you have or, have you had any other Pico software installed on the PC?

Regards
John

Post by Guest »

Software:
PicoLog for Windows
Release 5.16.2

Operating system:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 2002

Computer:
Intel Pentium III processor
468 MHz
128 MB of RAM

There is always had only one Pico software on the PC.

Sincerely,

Hugo

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hugo,

Please use the Pico utility to uninstall R5.16.2 and then install R5.20.1 (http://www.picotech.com/software.html).

Ensure that you tick the box to 'support other devices' after you select the device type during installation.

Do not connect the ADC-11 during software installation and, before running PicoLog, connect the ADC-11 to the USB port to invoke the 'new hardware found' wizard.

Regards
John