Problems with "Interval" Trigger configuration

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
Talb27

Problems with "Interval" Trigger configuration

Post by Talb27 »

Hi,

I'm having some trouble trying to replicate the "Interval" Trigger configuration of the Pico Software using LabVIEW. I have already developed a LabVIEW routine that continuously acquires data blocks. when i'm using periodic signals it works just fine and the trigger is quite easy to implement. The problem comes when I try to use aperiodic signals!!

I'm trying to apply some trigger to a Barker code signal [10101010100000101000100010], where each bit is 100ns
( the 1-bit's are pulses of 14ns duration followed by an inactive period till 100ns and the 0-bit's are 100ns duration), which means I have a code length of 2600ns. Each code is repeated after 5200ns since the beginning of the previous (2 times the code length). I am acquiring data at a rate of 2,5GS/s (400ps/sample).
Using the Pico Software, I am able to trigger the beggining of each code, with the "Interval" Trigger configuration by setting:
-Condition: greater than;
-Time: 1us
-Threshold Voltage: 1V.

How can I transpose this to a labview configuration?
I think the problem I am having is related to the "Condition Logic" of the "Trigger Conditions" (I am ticking "Channel C" and "PWQ", AND as condition logic) and the "Pulse Width Qualifier Conditions"(ticking "Channel C", AND as condition logic).
I am enabling channel A and C, and the trigger source is being channel C.

Thanks for the attention,
Tomás

Hitesh

Re: Problems with "Interval" Trigger configuration

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Tomás,

Could you please post a PicoScope settings file or data file showing your settings for the Interval trigger in PicoScope 6?

Which PicoScope 6000 Series device are you using?

Regards,

Talb27

Post by Talb27 »

Hi Hitesh,

I send you two images in attachment. One is an image of the signals I'm using and the other shows the trigger settings I am using.
I am using the PicoScope 6404D.

If this is not sufficient for you to help me, I can send you an image of my LabVIEW routine.

Regards,
Tomás
Attachments
Trigger Settings
Trigger Settings
Signal image
Signal image

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Tomás,

It would be useful to see what settings you have selected in your LabVIEW vi.

Thanks,

Talb27

Post by Talb27 »

Hi Hitesh,

To get things easier, I send you in attachment my VI file.
Hope this can help.

Regards,
Tomás
Attachments
PicoScope6000ExampleBlock- em TESTE com Advance TRIGGER.vi
(81 KiB) Downloaded 499 times

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Tomás,

Thank you for your vi file.

We will be in touch via our ServiceDesk where I have created a support case for you.

Regards,