Hydraulics

Which product is right for your exact requirements
PeterFlahant
User
User

Hydraulics

Post by PeterFlahant »

Hello,
Could anyone let me know if Pico can be used for reading/logging hydraulic pressure/flow and temp.
Regards
Peter

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Peter,

The general answer would be yes, however, we would need to know specific details of the output signals from your sensors and how frequently you wish to log and for how long?

Regards
John

Carl Grotti
Active User
Active User

Post by Carl Grotti »

Peter,

As John mentioned, we would need to know more detail, but it can certainly be done. The software allows you to convert a voltage into a PSI range or a TEMP range. You just need to know what that voltage and pressure is at the low end and the top end. Same for temperature. If it is non-linear (which I doubt it is) you can still do it.

PeterFlahant
User
User

hydraulics

Post by PeterFlahant »

Hello
Thank you for reply. Transducers we are using, made by Tecsis (type 3396.084.001) with 0 - 250 bar pressure range and 4 - 20mA range, DC 10 - 30V They have a four pin mini Hirschman connection. We may want to use a higher pressure rated unit, poss up to 350-400bar
Regards
Peter

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Peter,

Our Loggers (http://www.picotech.com/datatable.html) will accept 4 - 20mA input current across a single shunt resistor (usally 125R) and, our EnviroMon system (http://www.picotech.com/enviromon.html) has a converter which will accept that current input directly.

The system most suited to your needs will also depend upon your sampling requirements and, you would of course need to adapt the connection from your sensor to connect to the Pico loggers.

Regards
John

PeterFlahant
User
User

Hydraulics

Post by PeterFlahant »

Thankyou for reply
The sample rate would need to be continuous and high speed as i would like to see any pressure spikes the system may have. I may need to log up to 8 hrs of data in 1 test, or it could be just 1 hr. Also is there a limit to the number of pressure transducers i could have logging at the same time? If i also wanted to meassure temp and flow with say 4 pressure transducers, would i be able to do so simultaneouly with your loggers/software? I'm not sure which flow meter i would use at this time. But we find out soon.
Regards
Peter Flahant

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Peter,

You will need to define the sampling interval that you actually require as that will determine how achievable your requirements are.

Regards
John

PeterFlahant
User
User

Hydraulics

Post by PeterFlahant »

Hello John,
Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by sample rate or interval. If it helps, i can tell you that the pressure and flow could change very quickly. I would estimate milliseconds. I guess your hardware/software is more than capable of catching the changes. I will study the transducer info, to see if they capable. Regards Peter