Can't see pre-trigger part of trace - ADC212 and Vista

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
pwbromley
User
User

Can't see pre-trigger part of trace - ADC212 and Vista

Post by pwbromley »

I have recently upgraded my PC to Vista, and have downloaded the latest Pico software (5.20.0).
The display does not register with the trigger position properly. It seems to be shifted to the right.
For instance, I have a timebase of 1ms/div and a trigger delay of -10%. What happens is that the trace starts at -142.8 us and the waveform which caused the trigger starts at 859.3 us. This adds up to 1 ms (within a bit of tolerance). The trace should start at -1 ms and the waveform should start at 0 ms. So I get a bit of blank trace at the left of the screen, and some of the post trigger on the right is lost.
I have attached a screen shot which shows the problem.

The scope is an ADC212-50 with a parallel to USB interface. It has been running OK for years on W 98 and XP.

Is this a PIco Vista problem?

Regards,

Phil
Attachments
2008_05_07_002.jpg
Screen shot
(47.9 KiB) Downloaded 222 times

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Phil,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this problem. Please uninstall version R5.20.0 and install R5.20.1 which should be available for download by the end of this week.

Regards
John

pwbromley
User
User

Post by pwbromley »

John,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately R5.20.1 doesn't cure the problem.

I have reverted to R5.18.0 which doesn't seem to have the same trouble with delayed trigger display.

Before I uninstalled it I had a little play with settings. It looks as if the display offset is proportional to the trigger delay, and is also wrong for positive delay values.

Regards,

Phil

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Thank you for that Phil,

I will investigate this and report to the software developers as necessary.

Regards
John