Custom probe settings.

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
pcr

Custom probe settings.

Post by pcr »

I am finding my way around a Picoscope 2205A. Using Picoscope 6 v6.12.9.2917 software the custom probe settings appear to allow a low-pass filter to be set but it appears to not have the expected effect on the displayed waveform, which remains unchanged. Is this option not available on the 2205A ?.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Custom probe settings.

Post by Martyn »

I have just tried this on a device here and it appears to work here to a fashion. Please check the attached psdata file and see if it works for you, connecting the SigGen to Channel A
Filtered probe.psdata
2205A 1k LP Filter 1k Square Wave
(9.83 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
It will work until you select channel options, at which point the filter will disappear as low pass filtering is not technically supported by the 2205a
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The other option is the use Tools->MathChannels and create a Math Channel for a Low Pass Filter, then you can have filtered and unfiltered data on the display at the same time :)
Martyn

pcr

Post by pcr »

Thank you for your response, I tried the psdata you supplied and see no effect on the displayed waveform. I have tried the maths channel to the same end and that works fine. I also tried this in demo mode and still no effect, it appears that the software filter in the custom probe set up does nothing.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The Math Channel is the correct way of doing this for a 2205a.

The software is specifically set to prevent low pass filtering for this device so, even if you get it working as I managed to do, it will readily flip back to not filtering at any time. A loop hole that the software team will probably close anyway.
Martyn

pcr

Post by pcr »

Moving on from my last post, it seems that I can get it to work by running your psdata (filter does not work) then selecting a different probe and then reselecting the filtered probe, now it works. I am happy with this and thanks again for your efforts.