Measurement table is not refreshing

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Serious667

Measurement table is not refreshing

Post by Serious667 »

Hello.
At first I would like to say hi because I'm new on forum.
I am user of PiscoScope 5442A.
I was searching for the solution on forum but I haven't found any resaults.
I make measurements of single voltage wave (so trigger is set to Single aquire) which is integrated by proper math channel. I've added some measurements like Maximum values of these signals. So i run acquire and i'm waiting for signal. After registration i write down Maximum value measurements. The problem is that when I set Run for another signal and it's acquired, the values in measurements table are not always being updated (it's random) and I have values from previous measurement. Is there any possible solution of this problem?
Below I attached example measurements (made in demo device mode)
First acquisition - proper measurements values
First acquisition - proper measurements values
Second acquisition - values from previous measurement
Second acquisition - values from previous measurement

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Measurement table is not refreshing

Post by Martyn »

I have tried with the current 6.12.9 version and have not been able to replicate your issue.

Can you post a psdata file for your setup, and explain the sequence you are using to change the voltage level and acquire the next trace, just in case I am doing things in a different sequence..
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Serious667

Post by Serious667 »

At first i made an acquisition with proper measurement values (Fig.1)
Fig.1
Fig.1
Then when the acquisition is stopped I changed Amplitude (Fig. 2 and 3) and turned off Signal (Fig. 4) to simulate lack off signal before next acquisition.
Fig. 2
Fig. 2
2.png (6.58 KiB) Viewed 10015 times
Fig. 3
Fig. 3
3.png (6.44 KiB) Viewed 10015 times
Fig. 4
Fig. 4
4.png (6.07 KiB) Viewed 10015 times
After that I started next acquisition (Fig. 5) and then turned on Signal (Fig. 6) and second triggered waveform is without updated measurements.
Fig. 5
Fig. 5
5.png (2.95 KiB) Viewed 10015 times
Fig. 6
Fig. 6
6.png (6.51 KiB) Viewed 10015 times
To avoid that i change trigger to None, click play and after that I come back to Single but for many measurements it's tiring and it's easy to forget to do this before every measurement.
PS:I've saved psdata file, opened it and tu my surprise measurements updated themselves to proper values. Also i've noticed that sometimes values are updating partialy.
PS2: i've got version 6.12.9.2917

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

That's what I was doing, so this may just be a performance bug with the demo device driver, and not something that would happen with a real device.
Martyn

Serious667

Post by Serious667 »

But it was just an example and I have the same problem with real measurements (triggering single shot, writing downn measurements, switching do Play and waiting for another waveform).

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

A psdata file would help, then I can run tests with your exact settings for all parameters.
Martyn

AKH

Post by AKH »

I have a similar but different problem with PicoScope® 6 - PC Oscilloscope software version: 6.12.9.2917.

I have numerous single channel data files (*.psdata) at 16 bit resolution that were saved during an electrical noise measurement at an industrial site. I wish to now go back and analyze the data without having the instrument attached, in other words, just load the data and look it over, and use the built-in waveform measurements as tools to assess the noise environment. I generated two plot windows during the data acquisition, a time series and a spectrum.

I added three measurements to the time series window in the loaded data file using the entire captured waveform that consist of the AC RMS, Peak to Peak, and DC Average. These measurements show reasonable values in the "Value" column, but the "Min", "Max", "Average", and sigma numbers are not reflective of the waveform statistics.

I added four measurements to the spectrum window in the loaded data file. Two measurements are Frequency at Peak with the "Span" set to Peak nearest rulers 1 and 2, and two measurements are Amplitude at Peak with the "Span set to Peak nearest rulers 1 and 2. None of these measurements update in a predictable way. As a note, the "Capture Count" registers zero in all of the measurements. In some cases these measurements do not update at all, leaving blank data or "---". Sometimes this data seems to update during a data file save, but I'm not sure when or why it updates. Is there something I am doing wrong here?

I need the spectral information to complete my analysis, otherwise that portion of the data will have to be estimated manually using the positions of the cursors, tedious at best.

Please look at the attached files.
Example data image showing missing data measurements.
Example data image showing missing data measurements.
Thank you very much,

AKH
Attachments
Project Settings.pssettings
Scope settings file
(4.01 KiB) Downloaded 495 times

AKH

Post by AKH »

After working with several *.pdata files, by opening them, adding measurements, moving the ruler markers around, saving the data with a different filename, and then reopening the saved file, I am very disappointed in the ability of the software to be able to display the same measurement data. For some reason, the capture count in the spectrum window goes to zero in various measurements after the file is reloaded. Additionally, in some of the capture buffers in some of the data files, some of the time series measurements also have a capture count of zero. The data is clearly present, because it is displayed in the windows, and the windows update when a different capture buffer is displayed.
No capture count in the spectrum window
No capture count in the spectrum window
How can I get the capture count to update properly after reopening a saved file? Is there a problem with the way I am saving my data, or operating the software?

Thanks,

AKH

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

I would like to take a look at the actual data file for one of these captures so please can you send it to support@picotech.com
Martyn

bruceleo59

Post by bruceleo59 »

I am having the same problem of the measurement window not updating or being incorrect.
If you look at the screen shot you see the values are outside the min to max.
screenshot
screenshot
How do I add the psdata file? It is ~8MByte.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Email the file to support@picotech.com and we can take a look.
Martyn

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Min Max and Average in the measurements table are statistical values for the Pk to Pk measurement across all the buffers, they do not refer to values in a single waveform.
Martyn