Spectrum mode properties...

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
joecar
User
User

Spectrum mode properties...

Post by joecar »

Hi,

I just bought a Pico Quad automotive kit which I use for automotive DIY and electronics hobby...

I noticed that when displaying the spectrum mode properties that the text fields all run togther (see attachment)...

this seems to happen if my laptop display resolution is set higher than 1280x1024...
but my laptop display looks very poor at 1280x1024 so I am forced to use a higher resolution;

I just just thought you would want to know about this.

Also, it would be nice to have the option of showing the horizontal (frequency) scale in log; and the vertical scale in log (as in plain log, not dB).

Thanks, I am enjoying your product quite a bit,
Joe
Attachments
Pico 6.0.13.3.png
(128.85 KiB) Downloaded 228 times

joecar
User
User

Specrum mode amplitude...

Post by joecar »

If scope mode shows a 1V peak (i.e. 2V peak-peak) 1 kHz Sine wave, shouldn't spectrum mode show a spike at 1kHz with amplitude of 1V...?

See pics.

Also, for a 2V peak-peak square wave (centred at 0V), shouldn't the first frequency component have amplitude 1.27V (i.e. 4/pi from Fourier analysis)...?

Am I doing something wrong...?

Thanks,
Joe
:)
Attachments
Scope 1kHz Sine 1V peak.png
(83.66 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
Spectrum 1kHz Sine 1V peak.png
(72.43 KiB) Downloaded 224 times

joecar
User
User

Ok, I figured out the answer to post #1...

Post by joecar »

I can get the spectrum mode properties to display correctly by selecting normal sized fonts under desktop->properties->settings->advanced on WinXP, and instead using large fonts under desktop->properties->appearance while keeping display resolution at 1400x1050.