Stand alone ADC

Which product is right for your exact requirements
mf_hussin06
User
User

Stand alone ADC

Post by mf_hussin06 »

Hi Guys!

I'm looking a ADC that can stand alone in a remote area and able con connect with voltage and current transducer as well as wi-fi or optical fibre as transmission medium.

The specification of the ADC is 8 or 12 bits ADC, 2 input channels +/- 20 V max.

This ADC only operate base on battery power only around 12V.

Hope to get reply from any of you soon.

Cheers

Peace,
Hussin
"by sharing knowledge it can expand and broaden our brain"

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Hussin,

Your requirement could be met by using a Laptop PC as a server on a wi-fi or optical fibre Ethernet network, to which you could connect one of our USB oscilloscopes (http://www.picotech.com/oscilloscope-sp ... tions.html) running under PicoLog application software (http://www.picotech.com/document/pdf/plw044.pdf).

As the oscilloscope is powered from the USB port, you would require power for your Laptop PC only.

Regards
John

mf_hussin06
User
User

ADC

Post by mf_hussin06 »

Dear PicoJohn,

I interested on PicoScope 2200, however I still have doubt about the operation.

It is possible to let this ADC become a stand alone device without connect it to any PC.

My idea is to connect it with Wi-Fi device and this Wi-Fi will power up the ADC. Can it work without using it own software or can I pre-install it and disconnect after that?

I plan to use a LabView 8.0 as my analysis programming and do I need any driver for it?

Here, I attached my system topology for your references.

Hope to get reply from you soon.

Thanks you

Peace,
Hussin
Attachments
System Topology.rar
(8.46 KiB) Downloaded 610 times

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Hussin,

If you require a stand-alone monitoring system from our product range, the solution that we offer is EnviroMon (http://www.picotech.com/enviromon.html).

The EnviroMon system is configured on a host computer and may then be left to remotely log data. A 12v battery could supply the power needed and, the logger may be communicated with by radio, GSM or telephone MoDem or, downloaded to a web page.

The fastest sample rate is 1 sample/min with a maximum of 250,000 samples with 16-bit resolution. The maximum input voltage would be +/- 10 Vdc using an EL037 converter.

If you wish to monitor a.c. current, then the current monitoring (http://www.picotech.com/e_converters.html#el040) part of EnviroMon could be utilised.

Drivers are available for LabVIEW and would have been tested with versions 4,5 and 6.1 only.

Our other products are not intended for what you have described and, you would need to do something along the lines of what I originally described to achieve that.

Regards
John

mf_hussin06
User
User

Post by mf_hussin06 »

Hi John,

I would like some clarification from you.
Let say if I used EL037 or EL041 as my transducer converter then connect it with EL005 logger then how I'm going to connect this logger with my Wi-Fi deivices? Do I need to used moden type Wi-Fi?

Can you advise me on this.

Thanks you.

Regards,
Hussin

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Hussin,

My attempt has been to explain what can be done with our products and, there is no suggestion that you may communicate directly with EnviroMon via Wi-Fi.

Theoretically, it should be possible to use a Serial/Wi-Fi converter to communicate with EnviroMon but, we have not tried that.

Regards
John