Vibration analyzation

Which product is right for your exact requirements

Vibration analyzation

Post by Guest »

What would be required for me to your equipment in conjuction with a vibration analyzer. I think I am looking for a low freq spectrum analyzer with this piece of equipment I could view the full range of frequency the pickup is recording.

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Guest,

What are the output characteristics of your vibration analyser?

Regards
John

Post by Guest »

The output of the analyzer is 5 volts RMS. The instruction manual comments about Displacment and Velocity however I am not really sure what that means right now. The frequency range I would like to view is between 50 CPM (counts per minute) and 500K CPM. I realise the low number may not be practical, I would happy for something that started around 300 CPM (5hz). Please Advise if possible.

I will try to figure the difference betwen velocity and displacment.

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Guest,

If I understand correctly, the frequency range of your system is 0.83 Hz to 8.33 KHz?

Dependent upon the vertical range required, you may wish to consider the PS2203 with 8 bit resolution or, 12 bit PS3224 if higher resoltion is required (http://www.picotech.com/oscilloscope-sp ... tions.html).

Using PicoScope 6 software application would give a lowest frequency spectrum range of 0 to 150 Hz which should be fine for your requirement.

Regards
John

Post by Guest »

Thank you for you help John. You are correct I am spicifically looking for the range from DC to 10khz. I was leaning twards the 3224 for this application, that piece of equipment looks like it will meet my needs. I appreciate your help with this matter.