calibration of picoscope

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
steve_martin
User
User

calibration of picoscope

Post by steve_martin »

Hi there,

I bought 5204 picoscope few months ago and we are now trying to prepare the unit for its coming first annual calibration. Unfortunately we found that there is no calibration procedures stated inside the manual. When we bring the unit to the test house, they also don't know how to carry out the calibration or verification.

Can you send us the procedures so that we can ask our test house here to perform the calibration for us? i don't think sending the unit back to UK for this annual calibration is a wise and cost effective option. I don't think you never thought of this problem when you plan to sell your products all over the world right?

So can you send us the procedures? or else, would you please suggest a wiser option for helpless people like us?

thanks

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Steve,

We do not in general issue calibration procedures for our products, however, any test house of your choice should be capable of performing a calibration against the published specification, as the procedures are fairly universal.

If the unit fails to meet the published specification (thereby failing calibration), then it may only be repaired by us here in the UK. If however, the unit is within warranty (as yours appears to be), then you will not be charged for that repair.

Regards
John

steve_martin
User
User

Post by steve_martin »

Thanks for your prompt reply John. Thank you. I know what to preceed with my unit calibration now.