Picolog/Picoscope oversampling

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Folkert
User
User

Picolog/Picoscope oversampling

Post by Folkert »

Hi.
I tested block recording with a Picoscope 2204a for a low-frequency sine wave and repeated this with oversampling factors of 10 and 100. In the graphs that were generated the time base of the signals was reduced, i.e. by a factor 10 for oversampling 10 and a factor 100 for the oversampling 100. Of course, the number of samples was reduced by 10, respectively 100, but shouldn’t the time base (i.e. the duration of the recording) remain the same as for no oversampling?
Another question regarding oversampling: According to a technical note from June 2016 scope oversampling can be set in the PSW.INI file, which is installed in the program directory. I cannot find this file. Searching the directory did not give any result. Can you inform me in which folder of the program directory this file should be located and where I can get this file?
Regards, Folkert

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picolog/Picoscope oversampling

Post by Martyn »

When using the PicoLog software the ability to oversample will be affected by the number of samples requested and the timebase.

You may find it easier to use the PicoScope 6 software and use the Resolution Enhancement feature to improve the effective vertical resolution. The psw.ini reference is from 2006 and is related to a much older version of the software.

For a more in depth discussion please contact the team at support@picotech.com
Martyn
Technical Support Manager